As the Software Development Project Manager, you are responsible for leading the project management activities required for successful delivery of both co-funded and large software development projects. You are accountable for project scheduling, resourcing, tracking, reporting, cost and variation management and stakeholder communication for development projects.
- Create project schedules that align to the way of working and customer project milestones, that provide the level of detail needed to understand and track progress.
- Work is appropriately prioritised to ensure we always meet or exceed our commercial obligations.
- Support Customer Success, Project and Account Managers by providing unambiguous, and regular updates on project progress, participating in customer communication and engagement activities and managing and coordinating with stakeholders.
- Provide progress reports, status updates and customer communication to CAB and senior leaders.
- Ensure that release information and help centre content is updated in line with the release of new features.
- Support the Director of Software Development in using the tools and processes to effectively measure our capacity and the true cost of delivery to improve the accuracy of our estimation and the quality of our proposals.
- Support the Director of Software Development in documenting, updating way of working processes, and configuring the tools used to implement these.
- Perform the role of Scrum Master for development
- Track actuals, budget and forecast completion estimates, costs and revenue while identifying, correcting and/or escalating when variations need to be managed.
- Capture and provide relevant documentation to meet R&D incentive claims and certifications.
- Change management activities for the implementation and adoption of new/changed processes.
- Implement appropriate governance controls to ensure all work is fully scoped and properly planned prior to execution.
- Ensure way of working is being followed and supports the RedEye business objectives (e.g. time tracking, release information, quality)
- Adhere to our quality assurance framework to ensure our existing products and all future development exceed the quality expectations of our most demanding customers.
- Ensuring new development is deployed to environments (e.g. QA, Beta, Lab, Production) in accordance with the branch management procedures.